by Leanne Summers
Last night I wanted to try out my new oven-safe form and thought that lasagna would be a good idea. I took the ingredients I had at home and, lo and behold, made a delicious tuna lasagna with goat’s cheese and ginger that turned out to be quite a success! At first, the ingredients may sound a bit odd, but why don’t you try it yourself? I think you’ll like it.
Lasagna is an ideal food for studentsÂ because you can often use basic ingredients that you have at home – such as tomato sauce, and then add the ingredients that you happen to have at hand. Top it off with some cheese, pop it in the oven, and voila!
What we need:
- 150g of tinned tuna
- 2 large mushrooms or many small ones (should fill a medium-size frying pan)
- 1 large red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 350g of tomato sauce
- 1 dl of milk
- 100g of goat’s cheese
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Lasagna noodles (about 10)
- 100g of Cheddar cheese, grated
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees.
- Pour the olive oil into a medium-size frying pan.
- Wash and chop the mushrooms into chunks.
- Place the mushrooms in the frying pan and let them fry for 10 minutes.
- Chop the onion into slices. Once the mushrooms are done, place them on a plate for later.
- Place the onion in the frying pan and let fry for 3 minutes. Add the garlic.
- Pour the tomato sauce into the frying pan. Add the mushrooms and the milk.
- Let it all simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the tuna and the grated ginger. Mix it all properly and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add a small amount of the tomato and tuna sauce to the bottom of the oven-safe form.
- Now, alternate between lasagna noodles and the sauce.
- In one of the layers, add the sliced goat’s cheese.
- On top of the last layer, sprinkle the grated Cheddar cheese.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes.
Note: There are several ways to bake pasta, and lasagna is just one of them. Another option is this baked penne with Dolcelatte and radicchio. Try it!
Time needed: 60 minutes
Tags: cheddar cheese, garlic, ginger, goat's cheese, Italian food, lasagna, lasagna noodles, milk, mushrooms, quick, red onion, tomato sauce, tuna, Tuna lasagna with goat's cheese and ginger